Tryanuary 2018 Events
Berkshire & Oxfordshire
- TryLocal at the Catherine Wheel – 8 additional local ales on stillage Thurs – Sun
- MTB with Wild Weather Ales at The Inn At Home Newbury. Buy your tickets (£20 per person)
- An evening with Little Beer Co at The Inn At Home Guildford. Buy your tickets (£20 per person)
- Come celebrate Essex Beer Day at the Victoria Inn, Colchester, 7pm
- There will be 5 Essex real ales available, 2 Essex lagers and plenty of other treats!
- Take part in a raffle to raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices
- Leigh on Sea Taproom Meet the Brewers, 4-8pm. Leigh on Sea beers on cask and keg.
Sallins (near Dublin)
- Ballykilcavan Farm and Brewery IPA feedback session!
- 4 different recipes to taste in Lock 13 Gastropub in Sallins, 7:30pm.
- Lock 13 is 5 minutes from Sallins train station, so easy access from Dublin and Portlaoise and all points in between.
Thursday 25th to Saturday 27th
- Franciscan Well Brew Pub in Cork host their annual Cask & Strange Brews Festival
Isle of Man
For one night only Bottle Monkey is turning Noa Bakehouse into your local craft beer bar and hosting a pub quiz with a difference.
Your ticket gets you entry and 3 beer tokens which you can use to try some of the best craft beer around from independent breweries.
There'll be beers on draught and we'll be changing them up at intervals throughout the night so you get to try a selection of beers and styles.
The Noa Team will have their amazing sour dough pizza available and you can buy more beer from the bar if you need to top up on your tokens.
Tickets are £15 per person, teams should be a maximum of 6 people and the quiz starts at 8pm.
- Rivington Brew Co. bottle tasting event at the Market Ale House, Leyland. 2-4pm, £15 a ticket. Ben will be talking histories, styles and tasting notes.
- A special Rivington 5.6% Export Porter "You have to call me nighthawk" brewed especially for Tryanuary (that our volunteer @amburytina and Graham from Bolton CAMRA helped brew) will be available at MBCF, Market Ale House, Holmes Mill and Bunburys.
- Partizan Brewing Tap Takeover at Clapton Craft (time tbc). Four beers on tap plus two specials in bottles, paired with charcuterie and cheese from local suppliers.
- Sambrook's Brewery Tryanuary Party (1 of 10 to celebrate their 10th birthday!). Meet Duncan and the team. Tickets £25 (+ booking fee) but all drinks are included. More details.
- Gipsy Hill Brewing MTB at Park Fever (Craft beer & craft chocolate shop in Hither Green, London). Email email@example.com to reserve your place.
- North London Beer Tasting at indiebeer
- 6 very different beers, with guidance from beer judge Luke Slisz. Profit from ticket sales to be donated to East Anglia's Children's Hospices. Buy now (£15).
Thursday/Friday/Saturday 25th - 27th
- Manchester Beer and Cider Festival at Manchester Central
- PSBH 7th Birthday Cloudwater Tap Takeover / Wizard King Stout Launch, 7-12
- Tiny Rebel MTB/TTO with Bradley Cummings at Heaton Hops, 1.30-11.00
- Tryanuary Tasting Notes: New Year, New You? Beer and book matching evening at 57 Thomas St, Manchester. All the details.
Meet the lovely people from Wander Beyond, Tiny Rebel and Hawkshead for an epic three-way Tap Takeover over 33 taps!
Monday 22nd-Sunday 28th
- Head of Steam Liverpool Scottish Beer Week
- Feat. Fierce, Tempest, Pilot, Fallen and more
- As the Artist Intended – "Britpop". 7pm at Gibberish Brewpub, Baltic Triangle
- Glen Affric vs Liverpool Beer Collective Collaboration Beer Launch at Glen Affric Taproom, Birkenhead, 4pm.
- Six Degrees North Meet the Brewer at Head of Steam Liverpool, 7pm. More info here.
- The ElectroKemist presents: Battle of the Bottle Shops, 4pm at Craft Minded, Baltic Triangle
- St George's Hall Winter Ales Festival
- Top Rope Brewing vs. Glen Affric Tap Takeover WWE Royal Rumble night, 7pm at CRAFT Taproom
Black Lodge Taproom Taster Session – 5 Drinks & Charcuterie. £20 per ticket, 3pm at Black Lodge Brewery, Baltic Triangle
- Beavertown Tap Takeover (upstairs/free) and The Dead Good Bottle Society (downstairs/£15) at the Dead Crafty Beer Co.
- 20% off ALL DRAUGHT BEERS at H1780 Tap & Still. Just quote "Tryanuary" at the bar!
- Blind tasting event (also at Vessel Beer Shop). This will be like our regular beer tasting events but with a difference. Five beers for £15 as normal, but we won't reveal what the beers are until after you've tried them. The aim is to get people thinking about the actual beer, and not to be swayed by branding, untappd ratings, etc.
- Burns Night — beer, whisky and chocolate pairing at the Devonshire Cat. Beer pairings from Magic Rock Brewery.
Friday 19th to Wednesday 31st
- Tryanuary Discovery Days — at Hop Hideout
- Each day from Friday 19th Jan we will showcase a different UK region, country or beer style and run a one-day only discovery offer. With a big 20% discount for that day only, once the beers are gone, they're gone! Itinerary to be released in Jan. Available in store and online.
- Bottlecraft "Back to the Future" Tasting Night
- A guided tasting of some of the favourite beers from last year and a showcase of some exciting brewers for the year ahead. Ten samples, tasty food and a bottle of your favourite to take home. Ticket Price: £20. All the details.
Tyne & Wear
- Errant Brewery Parabola IPA launch at The Split Chimp. Info here.
- Credence Brewing Meet the Brewer at Coppers of Gosforth, 6pm.
- Greenside Winter Ale Festival, Gateshead, 4pm - 11.30pm.
- Greenside Winter Ale Festival, Gateshead, 4pm - 11.30pm.
- Hafod Brewery Meet the Brewer at Wetherspoons Shotton. Hosted by our local champion Ceri Jones and Head Brewer, Phillip Blanchard.
- January QUIZ night at Bluestone Brewing Co. (Newport). Come along for a relaxed evening of quiz questions and beer. We try to keep teams to around 4 people, and ask for a donation per person to the Wales Air Ambulance. It’s very light hearted so you don’t need to worry about revising beforehand! The quiz usually starts at 7.30pm and lasts for around 2 hours – give or take!
- Brew York open brew day. Follow the lads around from 10:00-16:00 as they brew a special batch of Imperial Tonkoko that will be barrel aged for 12 months.
- Event will be ticketed (free) to ensure manageable numbers. Ticket holders will be invited back 12 months later when the barrel is tapped. Ticket link to follow.
- Cross Keys Leeds are holding a Burn's Night dinner, serving up a five course Scottish inspired menu paired with some ace Scottish whiskys from the guys at Latitude Wine and Liquor Merchant.
- Leeds Night Market, Kirkgate Market, Leeds. Independent food and drink from some of the regions finest producers in the amazing Kirkgate Market.
- Pilot Beer Tap Takeover + Guided Beer Tasting at Head of Steam Leeds, 7.30pm. More info here.
- Lambic Weekend at Further North
To encourage the theme of people trying something new we are cracking open some Belgian lambics from our cellars and serving each bottle with a taster of Belgian cheese. We're also putting together a bespoke cheese board to be enjoyed with the beers.
- Wishbone Brewery Tap, Keighley – midday 'til 7pm. Wishbone will be opening their Brewery Tap for a special ‘New Year, New Beer’ theme.
Saturday 27th January, 1pm
- Joint social with Calderdale and Scarborough Branch at The Brewery Tap
- A chance to show off some of the best pubs in Leeds, new and old, big and small to visiting pilgrims from other branches.
- Pub crawl to comprise approximately:
- 1pm: Brewery Tap (F). The Grove, Adelphi (F), Lamb and Flag (plus Calls Landing) (F), Duck and Drake (also Wapentake (F)), Whitelocks (F), Foleys Tap House, Tapped (F) (plus Head of Steam and Waiting Room). (F = Food served). All the details.
Putting on a #Tryanuary event? Reach out to your local champion to get it listed here.