Are you fanatical about fantastic beer in your area?
Now is your opportunity to tell the whole country about it!
Tryanuary is going to be five years old and 2019 is going to be the biggest, most exciting yet.
Following the overwhelming response from volunteers nationwide last time around, this year the application process will be happening in stages. Currently we are recruiting for First Responders and Regional Coordinators – see job roles below. Please note, we have now filled our position for a Designer.
First Responders form part of a close-knit team of volunteers who oversee the day to day running of the campaign.
You will need to:
- Be enthusiastic about Tryanuary and have a good knowledge of the 2018 campaign
- Be a spokesperson for the overall campaign
- Post to our frontline social media channels, ensuring our campaign messages remain strong and consistent
- Monitor all forms of campaign communication to ensure it is being represented by our volunteers in accordance with our brand and campaign guidelines
- Be able to respond to any situations that may need a swift decision or immediate action
- Keep an eye on the main Tryanuary inbox
- Participate in regular Skype calls with other First Responders
- Use Slack (a free group messaging tool) to communicate with the different teams
- Be available from now until to the end of January*
- Available to liaise with the group most days*
The first response team is likely to be made up of around ten people, for which we only have a couple of spaces left.
*Please note that we don’t expect our volunteers to be available 24/7. This is by no means a full-time position …unless you want it to be!
We had an incredible team of almost 100 Local Champions for the 2018 campaign. For 2019 we need many more!
Initially the role of the Coordinator is to drive recruitment of Local Champions within their region. Ideally, we'd like the regions to be defined by county, but in larger and more densely populated areas, we may need more than one coordinator.
As a coordinator, you will be responsible for harnessing the time and energy from our Local Champions, ensuring the campaign message is spread far and wide.
This role can be given to a small team within each region if you want to divide the following responsibilities:
- Recruitment and co-ordination of Local Champions for a given county
- First point of contact for Local Champions
- Keep region's page(s) on the website up to date (including event listings)
- Representation of your region on Tryanuary’s regional social media channels*
- Spokesperson for local media. E.g. Television, radio, online and in print
- Coordinate social media activity across all platforms on the region's dedicated Beer Day
- Help communicate our fundraising drive
*Where possible, our teams will manage their own region-specific social media accounts. These will be set up by our central team, but the content and day-to-day management will be the responsibility of the Regional Coordinator.
Please note, all accounts must be managed in accordance with the campaign's brand guidelines for 2019 (which you will be given).
Applications for Round 1 of Regional Coordinators will close at midday on Friday 24th August 2018.
Our champions carry the Tryanuary flag. Without Local Champions, we don’t have a campaign!
How much you contribute to being a Local Champion is up to you. Whether your input is small or extensive, it will add value to the campaign.
As a Local Champion, you’ll galvanise local businesses to participate in the campaign by:
- Inspiring them to organise special events
- Encouraging breweries to brew special beers
- Embracing the hashtag #Tryanuary on social media
- Spreading the word and raising money for our chosen charity
You'll work closely with your Regional Coordinator who will support your efforts, ensuring they are used most productively.
Applications for Local Champions will open in Round 2 in September.
If you feel you can be an asset to our team, but your area of expertise doesn’t fit within any of these roles, please get in touch for a chat. Reach us on email@example.com.